More zucchini from our CSA! I am really trying to come up with creative ways to use the zucchini, make it healthy, and follow my 21 Day Fix plan. Luckily with the 21 Day Fix plan, I can use pretty much whatever food I want, as long as it’s not processed and it’s in the portions they recommend. So that part is fairly easy! So, without further ado, last night’s dinner!
Zucchini with Ricotta (side dish): Serves 4
- 4-5 medium zucchini and/or summer squash, sliced and quartered
- Approximately 5 ounces of ricotta cheese
- One medium onion, chopped
- One close of garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of butter or oil
- 1 handful of fresh basil
Put one tablespoon of butter into a skillet. Add onions and garlic. Cook on a medium heat until onions are translucent, about five to six minutes. Add the sliced zucchini and summer squash with a pinch of salt. Cook until tender, about eight to ten minutes. Add ricotta cheese and basil. Cook until heated through. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Grilled Chicken with Soy Sauce and Ginger (serves 4)
- 4 6 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of ginger
Mix soy sauce, red wine vinegar, sesame oil, and ginger in a bowl. Brush onto chicken. Shake pepper onto chicken. Grill on bbq until well done.