I’ve been working out consistently using P90X3 for two and a half weeks now. I have also been following the meal plan (for the most part). The good news – it’s working. I’m not going to take my 30 day measurements until the end of next week, but I am down one notch in my belt. So that’s awesome! The first three weeks of P90X3 are the same six work outs.
At week three, I finally am starting to feel stronger and the work outs are becoming a bit easier. (I still hate The Challenge). Therefore, I decided to start focusing on the meal plan. The P90X3 Meal Plan is very similar to the 21 Day Fix Meal Plan, but you don’t get the fun portion control containers that go along with the 21 Day Fix Meal Plan. P90X3 assigns you a daily calorie count/meal plan by taking into account your gender, your activity level, your weight, and you fitness goals. The plan then assigns you a certain number of proteins, carbs, and fats for each meal, based on the meal plan you fell into. You can then pick from foods from each list of proteins, carbs, and fats to make up the proper portions for each meal. Tony also gives you two ways of measuring out the food. The micromanagement system, in which you use measuring cups and a kitchen scale to measure out portions. This is soooo not for me. It’s not sustainable in my opinion. That’s why I like the 21 Day Fix containers. However, Tony also has a “The Way of the Hand.” It’s pretty good. The Way of the Hand uses different parts of your hand to measure the food.
Things I like about the meal plan:
- You are given a pretty robust list of food. I have been able to find the ingredients for almost all of the meals I have made on this list.
- You are only given three food groups – proteins, carbs, and fats. Fruits, vegetables, beans, wheat products, etc. are all part of the carbohydrates group.
- Lots of recipes for spice blends to help spice up your food.
- A good amount of ideas for snacks.
Things I don’t like about the meal plan:
- I need to be micromanaged a bit more. Instead of have fruits, vegetables, and beans all listed as a carb, I like a meal plan that breaks up the fruit and vegetables as separate groups and tells me how many servings I should have per day. It makes it easier for me to plan out my meals and also to make sure I am getting the required amount of fruits and vegetables.
- There aren’t many meal recipes. It would be nice to have recipes to give some ideas for dinners, lunches, and breakfasts.
All in all I think the meal plan is really good. You can tell Beachbody put a lot of Fish tacos definitely fit in with the meal plan. Yay! research into it. However, I have decided to use the meal plan given with the 21 Day Fix along with the fitness program of P90X3. I am loving both of them!