On Friday nights, my husband and I make sure to plan a tasty meal so we don’t decide to go out to eat after a long work week. It may not be the healthiest, but it’s healthier and cheaper than eating out. This Friday was zucchini noodles with chicken and pesto. It was really quite easy, although I did shortcut the hardest part by buying pesto at the farmer’s market instead of making it. So here we go, below is the recipe.
- Two large zucchinis
- One pound of chicken breast, cubed
- One jar of pesto
- Garlic powder
- Olive Oil
1. Prepare the zucchini noodles. Since I do not have a kitchen tool to make fancy zucchini noodles, I use my potato peeler. I peel lengthwise along the zucchini to get a fettucini like noodle. I keep doing this until I reach the core of the zucchini. Put zucchini noodles in a bowl.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Add chicken to pan. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. When chicken is cooked, set aside.
3. After removing chicken from pan, heat one tablespoon of olive oil in the pan. Add the zucchini noodles (I had so many that I had to do two batches). Season with salt and pepper. Cook noodles at a medium-high heat until they are soft and almost translucent. Approximately 7 minutes.
4. Add chicken back to noodles to heat. Add 1/2 – 1 cup of pesto, dependent on preference.
5. Serve and enjoy!