It’s Friday night and the end of a long work week. It’s so easy to say “F it” to a healthy dinner and go out and have pizza and wings. I can never say no to pizza and wings. Either can my husband. If I bring up pizza and wings, he is in. So we have decided to have healthier versions of bad for you meals on Fridays. That way we aren’t tempted to go out.
This week’s meal was Thai Chicken Pizza. Doesn’t that just sound delicious?? I have to admit, it took a little prep time. But my husband is a teacher and has the summer off. So what else is he going to do with all of his free time. Without further ado…Thai Chicken Pizza.
- 3/4 cup grilled chicken (marinated in garlic, fig vinegar (or balsamic), olive oil, curry powder), cubed
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 2-1/4 tsp tamarind concentrate (we mixed worchester and lemon juice)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 package pizza dough
- 4 white button mushrooms, sliced (we didn’t have these so omitted them)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 small shallot (can also use a red or yellow onion)
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
Preheat over to 375 degrees. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, chili paste, sugar, tamarind concentration, garlic, curry powder, oil, and ginger in a small bowl.
Roll out pizza dough to desired shape and size (we did round since we have a pizza tray. Otherwise just use your rectangular baking sheet). Spread peanut butter mixture over dough. Sprinkle with mushrooms, diced chicken, bell pepper, and shallot.
Bake 25 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Let cook five minutes and then sprinkle with cilantro leaves. Drizzle with hot sauce, if desired. I really liked the hot sauce part. It gave it a really good taste, plus it slowed me down from eating too much since my mouth was on fire a bit.
There it is! Tell me what you think!